- Borrowing, Renewing, and Interlibrary Loan
- Building Access
- Computer Access
- Hours, Directions, and Parking
- I-Share Borrowers
- Travel Information
Thank you for your interest in using Buswell Library. Wheaton College is a private academic institution, and the library exists primarily to serve Wheaton College faculty, students, and staff. Since Buswell is not a public library, the staff exercises discretion in permitting off-campus visitors to enter the building and use the library’s collections, services, or study space.
The purpose of our building-access policy is to welcome those entering the library for approved reasons, facilitate an atmosphere of study and concentration, and promote the safety of everyone in the building.
If you belong to one of the following categories, please show identification and sign in at the information desk each time you enter the building. Staff will issue you a day pass. (A multi-entry pass is also available—please ask us for more information.)
- alumni of Wheaton College
- relative of a current Wheaton College faculty, staff, and student
- prospective Wheaton College students and their families
- current faculty, staff, and students of other institutions of higher education
- visitors who are on staff at a local church
- visitors who need to use federal government documents
Visitors must be age 16 or older, unless accompanied by an adult.
If you do not belong to one of the categories above, please contact a librarian at 630.752.5169 or email@example.com. We can usually respond quickly during the hours of 8a–6p Monday–Friday and 2p–8p Saturday; otherwise, we will respond as soon as possible.
Once admitted to the library, you are welcome to:
- Ask us for help using the library
- Read/study in publicly accessible seating areas
- Use books and other materials
- Use equipment, such as photocopiers
- Use computers for academic purposes, such as to search the library catalog or to access the library’s digital collections
We do not permit visitors to:
- Make use of collections, equipment, services, or space in ways that we deem to be excessive or problematic
- Sleep/nap anywhere in the building
- Engage in any activity that disturbs others using the library
The library provides computer and internet access to approved off-campus visitors. Wireless access is also available. All computer and internet use must comply with the Wheaton College acceptable use policy.
We recognize that some of our visitors travel from a distance to use our resources. If you're planning an extended stay, Wheaton College provides useful information about the area, lodging, and transportation.