Buswell Library has responsibility for providing copyright guidance to the entire Wheaton College campus community. We work in close consultation with the Office of Legal Affairs & Risk Management.
The Wheaton College Copyright Guide provides guidance for:
- which works are copyrighted and which are not
- whether you can use copyrighted works in the classroom, in Schoology, or on personal web pages
- the meaning of Fair Use
- how to get copyright permission when necessary
- how to manage the copyright of your own publications or creative works
- requesting film showing and copyright permission
- requesting permission to digitize video clips from physical media such as VHS, DVD, or Blu Ray
The copyright guide is part of the Copyright LibGuide containing more detailed information.
For specific guidance related to online or dual modality instruction, refer to Copyright Guidance for Online or Dual Modality Instruction.
Slides from copyright informational sessions given in the Fall of 2019 may also be helpful.
Copyright is an important and complex matter. For assistance, please contact your subject librarian or email@example.com.