How to Renew Items
Wheaton College students, staff, and faculty with online account access should:
- Renew Wheaton and I-Share items using your I-Share account.
- Renew ILLiad items using your ILLiad account.
Borrowers may also renew by:
- Replying to a library email notice.
- Emailing email@example.com
- Calling the circulation desk at 630-752-5354.
- Renewal limits vary, but books and most other items can be renewed 3 times.
- If you reach your renewal limit but need an item longer, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact a circulation supervisor at 630-752-5620.
- Faculty are allowed 6 renewals
- Students and staff are allowed 3 renewals
- If you reach your renewal limit, please contact the I-Share library directly to see if an exception is possible.
- Renewal policies vary by lending library, but typically only one renewal is possible. If you are unable to renew online using your ILLiad account, please return the item.
- If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 630-752-5843.
- Borrowers are sent an email notice shortly before items are due.
- Wheaton College students, staff, and faculty may also view due dates at any time by logging into their I-Share account or ILLiad account.
- Responding promptly to email notices will avoid overdue items. However, borrowers are responsible for the timely return or renewal of items regardless of whether the notices are received or read.
- I-Share and ILLiad accounts may be blocked for multiple overdue items or excessive overdue fees.
Overdue fees are determined and assessed when items are returned or renewed late:
- Books, music scores, and most other circulating items - $0.50 per day per item, not assessed until item is 10 days overdue, minimum fee payable is $5.00, maximum fee payable is $10.
- DVDs, CDs - $1 per day per item
- Course Reserve items - $1 per hour per item
- iPads & laptops - $10 per hour per item
- Other reserve items - $1 per hour per item
If items remain unreturned for an extended time past their due date, they will be deemed “lost,” and lost item fees will be assessed.
Payment Options for Wheaton College Overdue Fees
- Cash (in person)
- Check payable to Wheaton College. If mailing, send to Circulation Supervisor, Buswell Library, Wheaton College, 501 College Avenue, Wheaton, IL 60187
- Credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Discover). To provide credit card information by phone, call a circulation supervisor at 630-752-5620.