Academic Video Online is the most comprehensive video subscription available to libraries. It delivers more than 66,000 titles spanning the widest range of subject areas including anthropology, business, counseling, film, health, history, music, and more. upon first entry into this resource, you will be asked to verify through reCAPTCHA. Then choose Academic Online Video from the Trial page.
Features executive interviews, corporate training videos, case studies, How To features and documentary films that focus on all aspects of the global business environment.
Provides the largest and richest online collection of video available for the study of counseling, social work, psychotherapy, psychology, and psychiatric counseling.
Provides online access to a digital streaming video collection of unique films of current, leading British theatre productions. Includes behind-the-scenes documentaries as well as teaching and learning resources to facilitate a deeper understanding of the productions and texts. Learning resources include a detailed introduction, plot summary, character biographies, a relationship map, language analysis, scene study, performance background and historical context for each play.
Provides award-winning documentaries with relevance across the curriculum—race and gender studies, human rights, globalization and global studies, multiculturalism, international relations, criminal justice, the environment, bioethics, health, political science and current events, psychology, arts, literature, and more.
An online collection of streaming documentaries focusing on health issues and their impact on society. Health and the human condition have become important components for studies in sociology, culture, ethics, government, public policy, and other disciplines that examine how people interact with the world.
Kanopy is an on-demand streaming video service that provides access to more than 26,000 educational videos via the web and on mobile devices. Major subjects covered include: the arts, business and training, health sciences, media and communication, natural sciences, social sciences, and teacher education. All users can browse and search films in addition to watching leased content. Faculty and staff can request films for curriculum use or student development. Free access temporarily opened up to Great Courses and kanopy spotlight list through April 12, 2020
Contains the most important opera performances, captured on video through staged productions, interviews, and documentaries, delivered online through streaming video. Selections represent the world's best performers, conductors, and opera houses and are based on a work's importance to the operatic canon.
SAGE Video showcases highly relevant educational video across key social science disciplines. Each collection includes a breadth of video types to support diverse research and learning needs. All videos are fully citable with searchable transcripts, custom clip creation and embedding. This database is being made freely available by the publisher until Jun 25, 2020. We have access to the following collections:
- Business & Management This extensive and diverse collection includes in-depth interviews with experts from across the globe on topics as varied as innovation management, corporate social responsibility and social media marketing. View the very latest insights from marketing practitioners at brands including Kellogg’s and McDonald’s and watch management professionals, business leaders, entrepreneurs and marketers at work.
- Counseling & Psychotherapy This collection includes many tutorials, such as Mick Cooper on Empathy and Listening, multiple interviews with leading experts such as Jerrold Lee Shapiro on Existential Psychotherapy and John McLeod on Evidence-Based Practice, along with many more films addressing teaching, learning and practitioner issues.
- Nursing This collection goes beyond clinical skills videos to include content that emphasizes “softer” career-building skills and techniques that help nurses better understand and care for the “whole patient.” Some of the specific areas covered include: communication skills, nursing theory and history, global and population health, and nurses’ role in advocacy and policy. Designed to complement nursing clinical skills education, this collection helps students understand and treat the “whole patient” and be able to respond to the rapidly changing health care system.
- Politics & International Relations This collection includes videos that reinforce course fundamentals, introduce new perspectives and bring theory to life with in-practice examples. With content types designed to fit a variety of learning and research needs, interviews with renowned experts cover subjects including international migration, political philosophy and the international relations of China.
- Psychology This collection features videos covering different content types that will help users instruct, learn, think deeply, and become even more curious. See professional psychologists in action, such as forensic psychologists working inside a prison, or clinical psychologists treating patients with a variety of mental health disorders; or venture back to the field’s beginnings via footage of John B. Watson or Muzafer Sherif’s early experiments.
- Sociology The Sociology Collection covers the full spectrum of the Sociology discipline and supports students and researchers at all levels.
Hundreds of performances in many different genres. Also includes documentaries on playwrights and performers.
Provides the latest in research and best practice methods in the fields of counseling, mental health, and psychology. The journal features presentations and workshops from world-renowned researchers and clinicians.